BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, 20 October 2008

Weekend To Remember

What a weekend...


My weekend started around in the wee hours of Saturday where I had to go to London for a mentoring programme with professionals working in the UK. Left Cardiff around 4am and reached the cold London morning at 7-ish. Me, along with Farah then went to the Malaysian Hall after a quick cup of coffee at Victoria Train Station to help setting up the venue for the programme. There, we met up with Warren Leow, one of the professionals and also the main man who organised the programme. Learnt a lot from him regarding my future and what I'll be doing when I cross over to the professionals life. And of course, anybody who is in their right mind would go to the Malaysian Hall for a cup of Malaysian favourite, teh tarik. I think I had 6 of those bad boys.

The event fished around 4pm and me and Farah decided to walk around London to see, well, London. Most of the time, we'll be going to London for some function and so lacked the time to walk around London. There, I was so stunned about the stores in London. Recently, as all of you may have known, the world is being hit with the "Credit Crunch" started by our 'dearly-beloved' Americans and it s starting to hit countries on a global scale. It is bad for, say banks and small businesses, but on the other hand, it is somewhat a heaven for us. What I saw in London was "SALES UP TP 90% DISCOUNT" in almost every shop in London. Me and Farah then went inside Liliwhites to check out the sports department. I was struck to see a blue Manchester United jersey which the original price would be £45 each. And due to the credit crunch, it was lowered to £36. I looked at it and said "I'm gonna buy this one and I don't care". And so I did. But then, as I was walking towards the counter, I saw another one jersey up for sale. An England jersey for £5 only. And I thought to myself, "This is some pretty serious shit, the credit crunch". And yes, I bought that jersey as well.

Then the clock struck 7pm. We met a few friends of mine in front of the store and we had dinner at Cha Cha Moon, a Chinese restaurant in the middle of London. And yet again, I was struck with awesomeness. A plate of Char Kuey Teow for a mere £3.50. And I ate 2 dishes worth only £7. I was so full I was laughing the whole way. And as people say "Time flies when you are having fun", we had to leave to catch the 11pm bus back to Cardiff. Our journey back wasn't nice though, rock-solid seats made it difficult for us to sleep. Reached London at 2.15am.

My weekend did not end there. After I reached my house, a lot of people were there to help out with our Hari Raya Open House on Sunday, I was sleepy and in dire need of sleep but decided to stay up. Had a cup of coffee and I was already high on caffeine. While everyone was sleepy and tried to stay awake and cook, I on the other hand, was jumping inside the house. I eventually stayed up until 6am.

Sunday was very nice and fun. Woke up at 9am and helped out with the remainder of preparations. A lot of friends came over and had so much fun, with the Karaoke in my room and chit-chatting in the living room, and the day ended around 9pm, 3 hours later than originally planned. So tired but yet happy, I slept early yesterday, around 10.30pm and woke up at 10am on Monday. Well, it was a weekend to remember, indeed. Now is the time for me to stop writing and read some notes. Ta, cheers

1 comments:

Sarah Iqbal said...

did ya get my bag from topshop? go get it!!!