In the midst of people talking about racial harmony in Malaysia, always saying that we Malaysians are supposed to love in a peaceful and understanding environment, politicians stressing out the needs of being able to live together, the one person who epitomise these values and doing it by actions rather than words is Yasmin Ahmad, who died of a stroke last night.
I have to admit that I am not her biggest fan but I do, occasionally, watch YouTube especially during the 3 major religious festivities in Malaysia (Eid, Chinese New Year, and Deepavali), for her commercials and the message that it brings. The one that is playing in my head at this moment is the one with a small Chinese boy named Tan Hong Ming. It always bring a smile to my face because it is funny and it pierced through the hearts of many including me.
And of course, Sepet. A wonderfully crafted and perfectly executed movie. What am I saying? We lost another star, the one that definitely went too soon. Yasmin Ahmad, may Allah bless you in life and afterlife. Al-Fatihah.
Sunday, 26 July 2009
Al-Fatihah to Yasmin Ahmad
Posted by Saiful Amri Zaharin at 09:51
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment