Hey ya,
I am feeling a bit itchy nowadays. No, not because I have a disease of something, but the itchiness to write. I haven't blogged in ages, due to exams and PMS (yeah, I have those =P), but now I am going to write a little bit about the things that made me laugh and a little bit of today's roundup. This post is written, or typed, as an answer to a request by me 'darling'. Well, here goes:
Funny Event 1:
It was around a couple of months ago when we had this little makan-makan session at 16 Coburn. A dear friend of mine was also there, among others. Incidentally, it was Wednesday and it was my turn to cook. So, I looked up the Internet to find a recipe for the night's dinner. And so I found it, ayam masak lemak cili api. All the ingredients needed was already there in the kitchen. All I need to do was to just cook and hoped for the best. It has been awhile since I last read a recipe in BM, so I totally forgot the meaning of "tumis". I thought it meant "blend", and so I did. Only when I was near halfway when she told me that tumis has a different meaning. So it destroyed the taste a little bit. And while we were cooking, there were some ingredients that were inside a small cabinet just beside the stove. She tried to open it -with both hands- but she couldn't. I initially thought that the door was stuck or the hinges may have been rusty or whatever. But it turned out that she was pulling the middle beam of the cabinet -the beam that keeps the cabinet's shape. She was trying to pull it as if the door weighs a tonne. It is thus proven that she rarely goes to the kitchen to cook (hehe, sorry, I know I promised to be a good boy =P).
Funny Event 2:
This event happened some time during the recent exam period. I was at Lydia's place studying for my paper. She always offered me coffee whenever I am there. Most of the time she would make 2, one for me and another for herself. I usually use Coffee Mate as a creamer but Lydia used milk instead. She poured some milk into our mugs and then she put the milk at the base of the kettle. We usually we put the kettle at its platform to heat the water, but somehow she put the milk there. It took a good few seconds for her to realise that it is not it supposed to be. And yes, I bear witness to all the fiasco that happened in that kitchen. She is truly a makcik. =P
2 comments:
it was an accident! that's not enough to make me a 'mak cik'. :P
Post a Comment