BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, 1 February 2008

Something Different In Cardiff

Well well well, we meet again...As we move on with our daily life, we will be certainly be oblivious of a few things that might happen in our life, e.g earth-quake, etc. Well, on Thursday Jan 31st, I experienced something of that kind. It was a fire alarm in Cardiff Business School when I was attending my Principles Of Marketing & Strategy lecture.


It happened in somewhat a funny way. Our lecturer, Mrs. Shumaila, was halfway through her lecture when the fire alarm sounded. What made it funny was that she was talking to us about the upcoming examination in May/June later this year. "You will not fail this paper unless you make an attempt to fail the paper," she said. Right after she finishes her sentence, the alarm started blaring and all of us were laughing our heads off. But yeah, we did evacuate the building and headed towards the Julian Hodge Parking Lot.

I still remember the guard that was ushering us to the parking lot. I don't know his name but I remember him well when my house's fire alarm was triggered when Cristobal, my Spanish housemate, tried effortlessly to cook fried chicken (hahaha....) until it triggered the alarm. The guard later said that "if I find any of you lot in the house when the alarm is on, I'll make sure all of you will never live in this house ever again". And he was like, well, himself this time around. "Off the road, you lot. If you are returning to the building, then please proceed to the parking lot, if not, then go somewhere else".

It was a funny experience all around. The fire brigade came, saw, and left after 15 minutes or so. What was the cause of the alarm? I didn't even know. In fact, I didn't even bother. Nothing serious, I hope. Well, this has got to be the shortest post I've made so far because I have a class to attend to. Well, since the website is currently facing technical difficulties, I'll post the pictures the next time around ya? Till the next time. Cheers!

1 comments:

Qiang said...

lol.nice one..where got short ur post..your 'shortest' post also quite long leh.