Festival Of Diversity V
Well, I'm starting to lose my spare time to write my blog. Most of the posts are in drafts but never finished due to unforeseen circumstances and a very very hectic schedule especially the one that is looming large in front of me. Festival Of Diversity (FOD) V is to be launched this coming Saturday, Feb 23rd, 2008 at the Reardon Smith Theatre, Cardiff National Museum.
Technically, I'll be the one who'll be running around on that day. Making sure that everything goes to plan. From the start of the introduction dance till the very end, I have to remember all the coordination and the flow of action for that day. At the time of writing, I am nearing to insanity. And also, I am down with high fever but I still have to go to the practise as I will be amongst the performer that day. *sigh*...As quoted by Nadia, "Welcome to my life".
And to make things worse, last Sunday when I was having a meeting with Julie and Arief to discuss about the background music for the play, I got a call from a friend to confirm about our holiday. So I had to go back a bit early. After the holiday trip tickets has been finalised, one of them told me that they won't be able to come as the rest wanted to go to London. I was so mad at them, I just hung up and sleep.
And I couldn't care less about it. I have made something like a promise to myself, "Don't go to any of their Malaysian Night unless they are coming to mine" because I went to a friend's Malaysian Night with the promise that she'll come to mine. It cost me £25 just for the train ticket and another £15 for the performance itself. The train ride wasn't really pleasant going there and the performance was not as hype as it is on paper. And to top it all, the next day I woke up and about to make fried rice as a Thank You for letting me stay at her place, a lot of things weren't there e.g oil, onion and egg.
Anyway, that's not the point. On the way to the train station, she told me that she can't make it for my Malaysian Night due to financial constraint. I was trying so hard to control my anger at her. Honestly, I was facing financial difficulties as well but I worked as a part-time cleaner just to make ends meet. And to be treated in such way was unacceptable, especially after one has kept his side of the bargain.
Whatever it is, I just want this FOD V to be over and done with. I don't really care if none of my 'friends' is coming. I'll just do as instructed and that is as far as I can get.

1 comments:
saiful..dun angry..i know that feeling..keke
next year i come ur malaysian nite if im free..=)
Post a Comment