Wednesday (Feb 27th 2008) marks the day that can be called "The day the drought ends". After nearly 2 weeks of FOD-filled practises and meetings, I finally played football at Bute Park with all my teammates. And what a day it is for me personally.
Normally considered a right winger in C.U.M.S FC, due to a lack of option up front, I was deployed as a makeshift striker along with my strike partner, Arief Sobri who always play as a left winger but was deployed as a makeshift striker as well. And what a change it turned out to be.
Team line-up: Derrick (GK) Jeremy (RB) Ayub (CB) Opel (CB) Hail (LB) Kuwe (RM) Ayie (DM) Adam (AM) Taufiq (LB) Arief (FC) Saiful (FC).
We started by trying to find our rhythm. Adam and Ayie played really well in trying to win the ball from the opposition. We played like a team and it paid off. The first breakthrough came when Taufiq played a lovely ball over the defence and I just chipped the ball over the keeper. Personally, that was my first goal playing in the big field. We keep on pressing until another clever ball by Taufiq left me with acres of spaces and with some luck- and deflection off Pijan- it went in. Arief added another one with a simple tap-in after a great team passes and a pure striker instinct. The opposition managed to get one back before the half time.
Second half was another personally satisfying performance by me as I added two more to my tally for the day. I scored my first ever hat trick by hitting a free kick over the wall and into the back of the net. The fourth goal for me came when a defensive blunder left me with only the back of the net to aim and I did just that.
Overall, I still need to improve my fitness as a whole and hope to be able to sharpen my reading on the game so I can play really well for the upcoming tournament -Warwick Games. Hopefully I will be able to achieve that and to show the people what I'm capable of. =)
0 comments:
Post a Comment