Hey ya,
As you may have already known, I broke up with my girlfriend a few days ago. It was sad. It was tragic, indeed. But life goes on. I am the type that can put on a very straight face and tell people the truth even when I know that it will hurt me bad. I figured that only by doing so, you can be a better and stronger person. And so with the dissolve of my relationship, I searched for salvation. I needed to get out of my house to recuperate and to bask in His blessings. I needed to learn and understand myself so that I will minimise my mistakes and hopefully to zero.
The opportunity came when a group of friends decided to have BBQ in Swansea. A group of 10 young energetic souls prepared all the necessary stuffs. I was given the role of the navigator-cum-driver. I took it up as I love driving. So, we left Cardiff around 10-ish after a few moment of hiccups and forgotten items and an uncle story-telling to Sapir. We made our way to Port Talbot and after nearly 2 hours of driving, we reached Rhossili Bay. The view was stunning. It was something that astounded me, to be honest. I didn't know UK has such a place and with such a warm weather, who could resist walking along the cliff, smiling and admiring God's creation. Of course, we didn't pass the opportunity for mementos and the sounds of clicks and shutters were heard for most of the time.
We had our first BBQ at Rhossili Bay. It was tiring, considering that we had to go nearly 100 ft down that cliff to the beach. We found a good spot and started to make those chicken crisp and delicious. We also went to the shore because certain people like yours truly, went on an accidental beach hiatus (I think the last one was in 2003). Clicks and shutters were a norm that day. And with the sea wind blowing in our faces, a frisbee turned into boomerang. We even considered not going to other places as Rhossili was such a good place to just relax and release us of our books-filled schedule. Left for Mumbles around 7pm just so that we can have ice-creams (which was surprisingly my first in ages).
We added another 90 minutes to our drive and went Pembrokeshire but it was a waste of time. Nothing there and the only beach there, in my mind, was the dock. So we headed for Tenby, instead but believe it or not we reached there around 11pm and had our second BBQ there. We were later joined by a lifeguard-on-course Andy with his dog Rowan. Had a good chat with him, smoking fags along the way. His dog was awesome. I just finished peeing when she came to me but I simply said no in a strict kind of way and she just stayed put. She then tried to play around with Adam and Adam said sit down, and she obeyed. I was impressed.
Around 1am, we headed back to Cardiff, reaching around 3-ish am. But I didn't drive this time around. I slept like a pig and didn't even realise Mas was sleeping on my shoulder until we stopped by at a Service Centre (a.k.a RnR) somewhere I don't know. And I slept again all the way back to my house. It was fun, tiring, relieving, and enjoyable. It certainly made my day a lot better after all the shits that I've been through lately.
Chapter 2 -to be continued
0 comments:
Post a Comment