BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Love

Hey ya,


It's been a while since I last wrote anything, I was quite busy with a lot of stuff lately and it doesn't seem like it's going to stop anytime soon. There are other things, of course, that are in my mind.

Today I will bore you with a little story and my thought on the matter of love. A few weeks, a group of friends and yours truly went out for a movie, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. A friend of mine who was sitting next to me asked me a question, "Do you still have a crush on her?". And I said, "Yes, but I don't think that anything will happen between the two of us, because I think she is already seeing someone". He asked me whether I am sure or not that she is seeing someone. I said that even a blind man can see them together. He asked again why didn't I go for her. I simple replied "Who am I compared to him?". He said that I do have my qualities and it is just she doesn't see it. I have to agree with the former but disagree on the latter.

Everybody has their own qualities, be it good-looking, smart, charming, spontaneous, etc. I think that I myself have a quality that no other people have and vice versa. They say if you have that quality, you should be able to get any girl that you want. Well, it is not really the case, to say the least. In reality, no matter how many good qualities that you have against other people, if that significant other is not looking for those qualities, you will still lose. I do not believe that it is the quality that you have is the advantage, it is the quality that you have AND it is what the significant other wants will make you the leading man/girl in the race, should there be others who are vying for that recognition of love. But it is not just that, you have to work hard for it as well. There are exceptions where you do not have any qualities that he/she desires but if you work hard for it and have nothing to lose, you may be the winner once the dust has settled. Well, that is you quality, working hard. Some people need some sort of persuasion to accept your qualities, some just know that you have that quality. I strongly do not believe in chemistry because it doesn't last long (normally) if you have that chemistry in such short space of time. But hey, love is unpredictable. People have different ways of voicing their opinion on this subjective matter, and do pardon me if my opinion contravenes with yours.

Till then,
Cheers

0 comments: