Ok, ok...I know I should be studying right now, but I just can't help writing this post. I am, as you all have already known, have an account in Facebook. I am actually expressing my concern over certain people who, like in Friendster, decided to use some fancy names as their profile name. It is actually very displeasing in my point of view.
Facebook account holders should remain very 'private' or in a way, very professional. We use Facebook not as a site where we'll just add some random people of whom that we don't even know. I seriously think it is an 'insult' to the site. Facebook should remain the way they are and not be just another social website where you can just add up your friends list to see who have the most friends (like what my friends are doing in Friendster and MySpace). The only reason is that, I use Facebook in order for me to keep in touch with my friends, real friends. Not to just add some random people as so to make me feel like I have a lot of friends. I know it is up to them to use any name that they want but please, have some respect. I have a friend who has a nickname but he never puts his nickname as his profile name. Ok, maybe an abbreviation of name would be acceptable such as Nicholas (Nick) or Michael (Mike) or Natasha (Tasha), but I feel the names such as Angel (if it's not their real name) or maybe Asbestrozz (yeah, they have an account using that name) are very childish. Just imagine when you are older and all, after graduation and you are working, maybe when you are 24 or 25, it would seem very childish to use that kinda names.
Facebook can also be used as a professional way of communicating with each other, sending formal messages for meetings and all e.g like we did for MSSCF (well, some of the meetings =P). The only reason for me to say this is that, once they all 'grow up' and all, Facebook will be dead and they will use another website to keep in touch. I do believe that Facebook will be around longer than Friendster and MySpace, and again we do not need flashy names and flashy pages with colorful backgrounds to make our profile page 'flashy', but it is the intention of keeping in touch with friends that counts.
1 comments:
saiful~ :P. sampai rumah dah? link to my blog: www.lydia-choclover.blogspot.com
selamat malam. =)
Post a Comment