BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, 19 April 2008

AGM (A [dis]Graceful Meeting)

Elections...time where people evaluate the candidates based on the credibility in handling their task to satisfy people's needs. This is where you can see who is capable and who is not. Who wants it more and who doesn't. But the truth is, it is nowhere near that. It all came down who is more popular with the crowd who got elected and got the posts.


No, I'm not posting this because I lost 3 posts, no. Among the reason why I chose to run for Treasurer, Sports Secretary, and Event Organiser is because I made a promise to Ivan, the ex-president that I'll be in the Committee as I'll still be here and I know what's going on inside the Committee. But as fate put it, those who are popular wins the election. It's not that I don't trust this new Committee but I'm bitterly disappointed on how the proceedings went on. And also, in my opinion, it wasn't fair for the other candidates who has been working so hard to prepare their manifesto and all.

Originally there were two Presidency candidates. And out of nowhere, a nomination came from the floor and, since the nominee is a crowd favourite and also given more time to present her manifesto, she won. I think it was thoroughly unfair because the other two candidates were being rushed by the stand-in chairman to quickly finish their respective manifesto. And after she won the post, I became half-hearted to run for the elections. Not to say that I don't have faith in her or whatsoever, but I'm just disappointed with how things went during the election. Supposedly, those who were elected are based on their capability and determination and such. But it all came to me that this was just another election during high school, where you don't have to give any manifesto or speech. It was all pre-determined.

Now, I'm not going to start a revolution to overthrow the Committee, no. All I can say is, now that all of you have been elected, please oh please, do your job. Take it seriously and ensure that this Committee will perform better than the last one. And of course, you will have my support and I will do my best to help, but again, it's your responsibility and we rely on your words for you to deliver the goods.

Godspeed

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Saiful. I deleted my first comment coz I thought you deserve a better one. LOL. I do understand how you feel, as a voter and an observer. Indeed, many things did go wrong but, there are few posts which did go to the person who deserves them most. I couldn't agree with you more on the procedure issue. But things like that do happen, part and parcel of elections. Take it in your stride and I really hope that you don't lose hope, because trust me...there are still sensible people out there! All the best!