The Unwritten Letter
This heart of mine is made of steel. Strong enough to face any problem that comes in my way but steel is just a steel. It has its limits. Even for steel. The steel is just a mere protector of what is inside. Once it starts to break, it's like an egg. Once you pierce the shell, it'll leak till there is nothing inside. This is what I am going through. I have been troubled with troubles over the last 5 years. Only a handful of people, like my family, that know what it is all about. That is why I have not been able to perform at the level that I should be doing. And so, I would like say the following things.
To Abah:
I am sorry that I still can't live up to the expectation that you have planted in me, and I will not stop until I reach your level of success and go one step further. I believe that is what I should aim at and I will strive to make you proud of me.
To Mak:
I am sorry for being an ungrateful son to you. I am sorry for not listening when I should have. Do forgive me as this young blood has a rebellious side unknown to others. You are my source of inspiration and you have showed me, time and time again how strong you are. I will do my best just to be half as strong as you and so that you can smile whenever my name is being spoken.
To Along, Angah and Ayoy:
I am sorry for not being able to fulfil my duty as a brother. While I should stay at home and play with Afiq and Adib, I chose to have a good time instead outside with my friends. I should have been a better brother to you and a better uncle to the twins. I am regretting my decision to go back early and the times I have not spent with the kids. I vow to be a better person so you can proudly call me your brother.
2 comments:
hey!
you've been a VERY good uncle to them, that they now point to the plane and say, pakcu! balik cardiff, and even adib talked to me, "mommy, pegi cardiff!"
i'm proud of u, and i know u know it.
poi,
raya hari tu bila mchik tnye afiq plane pegi mana, dia jawab cardiff...every plane yg lalu over wan's house is going to cardiff...;-)
Post a Comment